Aluminum Faux Wood Pergolas and Patio Covers
Aluminum Faux Wood Patio Covers are
NOT COMPLETELY "MAINTENANCE FREE"!
• It's a MOBILE HOME AWNING!
• Reduces Home Marketability & Value.
• Unsightly Rivets & Seems.
• Looks & Feels like Metal not Wood.
• Easly Dented & Scratched.
• Not "Mantinance Free"
• Oxidizes over time.
• What About Property Value? Not everyone likes the look and feel of a metal structure in their backyard. A good realter might advise you not to install an Aluminum Patio Cover or Pergola because it will definitely reduce the market pool of home buyers and therefore reducing your home's value.
Aluminum does need painted eventually so it's not completely "Maintenance Free". It will eventually get a chalky unsightly patina, like a car finish without proper attention. What's worse is that the chalky patina needs to be completely removed with sand paper before re-painting. If preparation is not done correctly, the new paint will tend to peel.
Many homeowners are not happy when they decide to go with this material. A common statement I hear is "It looked good in the brochure but after it was installed, I was very disappointed. It looks and feels cheap." To many homeowners, Aluminum Pergolas and Patio Covers have the ambiance of a gas station roof. I agree, and for that reason we do not work with them.
TO SUM IT UP:
Aluminum is more weather resistant but most people don't think it's worth the trade off, especially when real wood can be carefully crafted to last 30 to 40 years with very little maintenance. Our weather proofing techniques are the best around. We are innovators not followers. We invent our own techniques born from a solid engineering background and four decades of paying attention to what works in the field.